Monday, February 15, 2016

Trespassing ~ 2/15/2016

I dreamed I was looking for my dog Tippie's puppies outside our old house in the hill country, when I looked up and saw flames raging across the field on the front of the property. I turned to go to the water hose, planning to wet down the lawn around the house so the fire wouldn't spread to it. But when I turned back to the house, I just barely noticed pale, blue-hot flames licking up the foundation from underground.

I picked my way carefully to the water spigot and turned it on. First I put out the blue flames, then I started to soak the grass between me and the fire. Fortunately, all the fire was to the front of the house, so I didn't have to worry about the back. After I'd flooded the yard around the house, I decided to at least try to put out the burning field. I found the spray from my hose would, in fact, reach that far, and I finally managed to put out all the fires. I continued to drench the land for a while, just in case.

I went to apologize to my mom for using up so much of her water, and flooding the yard, but she wasn't there. Some friends were waiting for me, and we started trying to figure out where the fire came from, and if we should warn anyone, in case I hadn't gotten it all out. One of my friends pointed to a map of the area and asked if we should tell the church on the top of the hill.

I was very confused, because there *was* no church at the top of the hill. I looked down at the map, and there, next to the drawing of our house, was what looked like a church. I went out to the front porch and peered uphill, and sure enough, there was a building that looked like a church. We all went up to find out who lived there, and I was a bit upset, because it looked like part of the building extended onto my parents' land.

There was a sort of concrete bunker house part that was still under construction, and a very handsome, Frank Lloyd Wright style chapel building built of dark wood and pale stone. I went into the chapel, which was empty. There was a wide open ground floor, and a stair curving up to a second floor with round, cream colored chairs. I was upstairs when I heard the door open, so I jumped onto one of the chairs and curled up to hide. There were spaces between the boards that I could see through, and I tried to get a view of who had come in, hoping it wasn't the owner, and they wouldn't come upstairs.

Of course, it was the owner, and he did come upstairs, and it was Kylo Ren. I complimented him on his taste in building such a lovely chapel, but I told him I was concerned, because it looked like he was building over the property line to our place. We went out and I showed him the property boundary, which was a deep groove etched in the dirt, and he pointed out that he was definitely on his side of it. But then I explained that there had to be some sort of easement left, and that he'd certainly built into that area, and there was one corner of the house under construction that definitely came over onto our side.

I was really worried he'd be upset with me and try to kill me, but he seemed genuinely pleased that I'd explained it to him so politely, though he didn't seem like he was going to make any changes. But he let me go back downhill to my house, and didn't even get mad that I'd been trespassing.

Then I started looking for specs for the T9104 microchip, because I was using them in a dress I was making for a friend, but the little pins were coming off, and I wanted to make sure that my solution of soldering two together was okay. I thought they were both grounding pins, but I didn't want to short power to ground. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment