Thursday, January 18, 2018

TBTT#33 Sartorial Splendor ~ 11/9/2013

I dreamed I was a slender, Indian American teenager, with dark skin and eyes, going to a school dance dressed in a gorgeous dark green and black silk brockade dress over a black lace under dress with star-like points of gold, a sort of medieval style outfit.  My wrap was black netting with gold as well.

I loaned my cousin a hooded black velvet cloak because her dress was sleeveless, and mine had long bell sleeves and I was warm enough.  This elegance contrasts quite a bit with my dream the night before, where my mother packed my clothes for a three day wedding, but only packed me dresses for the first and second day. 

She suggested I borrow a beautiful retro red, dark green, cream, and black patterned dress that actually belonged to Emma Watson, until I explained that there was no way it would fit me.  My cousins Sam and Stevie were in suits, and I ended up having to wear slacks that were a strange color, somewhere between magenta and purple (puce maybe?) and a hot pink tank, with a sort of spaghetti strap camisole of black netting over it, that was woven through with the thick yarn hair ties I used to have as a kid, in red, green, orange, and pale pink.

It was a super-awkward outfit. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment