Thursday, April 19, 2018

TBTT#34 Navigating by Committee ~11/11/2013

I dreamed I was in a committee meeting, talking about how to get back to New Orleans from Houston, with a few stops along the way.  One part of the group traveling was going to drive I-10, but then go south on Hwy 37, then East on Hwy 101 (are these even roads in LA?) to make a particular stop. 101 would take them through a sandy, hilly, wooded region, with lots of metal truss bridges over small creeks. The other group was going to take I-10 all the way to New Orleans, then take Hwy 64 down to 101 to meet the first group, but they’d drop me off just before crossing over to the West Bank.

I ended up in a wide region of abandoned warehouses along the river between the French Quarter and Uptown, with no CBD or actual Warehouse District in between.  There were fields of parched grass along the levee, and rusted metal culverts running into concrete banks along the river.

There I was supposed to face some sort of monster or challenge with magical powers, and I could see my own human abilities in my mind like a translucent orange and white gingham mesh, the tiny squares each a human asset or a power or a small advantage.  Everything I did to try to improve my chances resulted in an exactly equal increase in the magical capabilities of my opponent, visible in my mind like an olive green gingham matrix exactly overlaying my own orange one. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment