Thursday, May 17, 2018

TBTT#35 Quitting Band and Taking Names ~ 6/9/2015

I dreamed we were all going into band class, rehearsing our entrance for a concert. I was wearing a heavy necklace, and wasn’t making very good time getting to my seat, so the band director called out to me that I needed to move my booty and get seated, that I was holding everyone up. Apparently I thoroughly objected to his mentioning my booty. I turned around and told him he was being completely inappropriate, and I was leaving. I walked right out of band class.

I then proceeded to tell everyone who asked me, stunned, why I had quit, the story of what had happened. Since I wasn’t the only person moving slow, but had been singled out, it really wasn’t fair. Also, I didn’t have the right stand to use the iPad for my music that the director wanted me to use, so I had been carrying my paper music as well, and that had slowed me up. People asked me if I was quitting band for good, and I said no, but I was going to stick to my more easy going ensembles that didn’t make a performance out of getting to your seat.

In my dream, I was a much better player than I am in real life, so this was a pretty big deal. But my mom agreed that the band director had been out of line to use the word booty with regard to me. When I got to concert band, though, and sat next to my friends Lynne and Joanna (because the saxophones could sit with the trumpets if they wanted), I learned that the objectionable band director was guest conducting my concert band. At least by now I had figured out the iPad music thing, and gotten rid of two of the heavy stone pendants on my necklace.

Since I sat in the back, the director didn’t really notice me. But I left as soon as rehearsal was over, and took a back way through the small, medieval village we were staying in, so I could get home unnoticed and sulk in private. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment