Sunday, March 3, 2019

Strange Anatomy ~ 3/3/2019

I dreamed I was going on a band trip, and went to change my clothes. I pulled down my jeans, and the lower bit of my stomach sagged down over my thighs like a flabby brisket. It was mildly repulsive, but I figured it was just loose skin, since I’d started losing weight.

I was walking down the street to get to the band bus when I realized I should use the bathroom, so I stopped into a hotel nearby. My mom was staying there, and I had a room key, so I went into her room. Mom wasn’t there, but I figured she wouldn’t mind. I popped into the bathroom, but when I went to put my jeans back on, the lower paunch of my stomach had dropped down to around my ankles.

 I stared down at the flappy, jiggly band of flesh, with my belly button at the end sort of pointed up at me. I tried to haul it back into my jeans so I could get on with my trip. As the skin and fat and muscle  passed through my hands, I could feel a loop of sort of round tubing inside.

I realized with horror that my intestines had herniated through my abdominal muscles, and a length of them was pushing the skin out into this elongated belly flap. I relaxed my stomach as much as I could and tried to feed and poke my intestines back into my gut where they belonged. I got most of them back in, except I could feel a small, hard, balloony little knob of them on my left side that wouldn’t fit.

I kept one hand holding the knob against my belly, and tried to call my mom with my cellphone in my other hand. I needed my mom to come take me to the hospital. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment