Monday, December 14, 2020

Hard Work ~ 12/14/2020

I dreamed I worked in a big office building. I’d just been moved to a new area. I was supposed to sit at a desk in office 2001, with two other people. We were all given the same work and whoever finished first got the credit for the assignment.

The office was crowded with computers and monitors, but I couldn’t log into mine. And I couldn’t do the work without being logged into my computer. I kept having to walk down to IT, but the IT department was in a different part of the building every time.

There were also several corridors labeled as leading to the 20s office block. Only one actually led to the one I needed, but I was new, so when the route I was used to was blocked, and I took another corridor, it was very confusing, because I couldn’t find my office. 

Instead, I ended up outside. Beneath a wide highway overpass. Shuffling through deep, dusty dirt. Having to go around a herd of hundreds of wild ponies. Who were lying around everywhere beneath the overpass like seals on a beach.

I got around the ponies and found myself in a park where a rock concert was in progress to celebrate Pony Day, which was the day every year when the migratory ponies would settle under the bridge. Across the park I saw a side door for my office building, so I headed back in that way.

Thankfully the door opened right into the right set of 20s offices. I got back to my desk, logged into my computer, and was finally able to complete and hand in an assignment I would get credit for. 

By then the work day was over, so I left to go to my friend’s book signing. There were so many people there, which was really gratifying. I got into line to have my copy signed and get a photo. I was near the front, right behind another friend.

We had to go through a dozen different crown control gate points, then wait for a stoplight to turn green, but finally we got to where my friend was. She laughed when she saw me and opened my book to where she’d already signed it. Only to find that I’d somehow gotten someone else’s personalized copy.

I said not to worry, I could sort it out. And we stood together for a picture, but other people kept wanting to also be in the shot, and then they wanted to make a circle, and pretend to be doing a forest dance, but I told them we wouldn’t all fit, and they wouldn’t all be able to face the camera, and the cameraman agreed, so they turned around to face the camera, but then they were blocking me and my friend, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment