Thursday, May 15, 2014

TBTT #3 Eat My Heart Out While You're at It ~ 2/7/2012

One of the most disturbing dreams I've had in a life of disturbing dreams...

Last night dreamland started out pretty normal, you know. Singing three part harmonized Christmas carols with my college band friends in the Walgreens on Royal St. I went out to help two little blond, curly haired, blue eyed girls get to their mom's car, but then she drove off without them. We turned around to go back to the Walgreens, and noticed these things on the roof. They looked like metal flamingos covered with black ostrich feathers, like they were trying to blend in with the vultures that were perched up there, but they weren't very convincing. The buzzards weren't buying it, either. When we got back to the Walgreens, the apocalypse had begun, and we each got one plastic cup of water, and had to go to the bathroom in groups in special stalls that would recycle everything. In the greeting card aisle the three of us met a very nice and very big man who became the littlest boy's best friend (they were now two little boys, a 2 year old and a 6 month old). The bird robot things were coming to claim dominion over the earth, so we all got in a big red truck to be herded into camps. But our driver pretended to miss the exit, so we were blazing down the highway trying to get out of the city while the apocalypse robots were firing blue lasers at us from their helicopters. Which was bad enough, but then they teleported my littlest boy away from me, and I screamed to stop, and we stopped, and then one of the robots brought him back, and he smiled at me, and his teeth were all rows and rows of shark teeth, and he leaned over, out of the robot's arms, and I wanted to take him anyway, because I loved him like he was my own, and he said he couldn't see me, and he couldn't hear me, and I wasn't his mother, so I couldn't nurse him, and I said no, I couldn't, and he said, "But I can still devour your eyes and your ears so you can't see or hear me either," and he opened his mouth and I was terrified, but I reached for him... and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment