Thursday, November 6, 2014

Reunion ~ 11/6/2014

I dreamed I was trapped in an old house and grounds, and was trying to get to my high school reunion. I planned my escape carefully, building a makeshift hot air balloon to float me out of the garret window and over the walls. It worked perfectly, and soon I was bobbing high up in the crystal and gold air of a gorgeous early autumn day, about an hour before sunset.

I got to the hotel convention complex where the reunion was being held, but I had an assignment beyond just reconnecting with old classmates.  See, I'd been in a rock band, and one of my former band mates, the only one who had gone on to become a famous musician, was also suspected of being a murderer. I was to keep an eye on him if I could, and report anything suspicious to my team.

It was hard to even recognize any of my former fellow musicians, since I hadn't had any contact in years. I'd left the band to go to college, and they'd been angry with me, because they wanted to keep it going. I decided the best place to hang out to watch for them was the cafeteria, because everyone loves free food, right? I saw two of the guys come in, and they noticed and recognized me, and were cordial, so that was nice. I had a hard time remembering which was which. They'd worn their hair different in high school, but now they were the same height and build, and had the same short, dark, springy hair, peppered with gray.

Then the person of interest came in, and since he was still a semi-famous rocker, he made quite a stir. He had long curly strawberry blond hair, blue eyes, a narrow, pointed face, and an intense, almost manic gaze. He saw us, but completely ignored us, and went right through the cafeteria and on to the hall where the opening ceremonies were about to begin.

After that, we all went to our hotel rooms, and I spent some time snooping around the hallways, trying to figure out where he might be, and how I could make some sort of contact or establish any sort of surveillance. But suddenly it was morning, so I had to go get ready for the day's activities.

At some point, I was sitting with some other friends, when I heard our old music, coming from a stage nearby.  They'd gotten the band back together, but had someone else singing my back ups. This made me really sad, but when I looked over, I noticed a funnel cloud developing in the darkening sky. I pointed and called out, and everyone started scrambling for safety.

I couldn't get into any of the shelters, and now a second funnel cloud was appearing. I began climbing the walls and stairwells of the hotel, scrambling like a monkey to get to a safe place I knew of.  I dropped down into a hidden courtyard, and dashed through the thick metal door of a windowless room.  My mom and sister were in there already, safe, and I slammed the door shut behind me.

It turned out, the only way to solve the mystery and get out of this room was to work a crossword puzzle.  My sister had started, in pen, and had gotten five of the six clues she'd worked wrong, so I got mad at her and took it away.  I was halfway through when I woke up.


No comments:

Post a Comment