Thursday, December 4, 2014

Another Night of Mish Mash ~ 12/4/2014

I dreamed I was putting together a cool new puzzle. Basically, I had a photograph of an art installation, and a pile of the raw materials that went into it, and I had to rebuild the installation. I was focused on the correct placement of strangely shaped boards that had a lovely silver and amber grain. I needed to stack them in the correct configuration to form a lazyboy recliner.

Then I had to get ready to go to work. I went to eat breakfast, but someone had left the lid off the honeycomb cereal, so it was all stale and full of baby roaches. There was another box, but it had strawberries in it, and I don't like berries in my cereal. So I decided to just head out, after I'd stomped all the baby roaches and cleaned up the mess.

To get to work, I had to cross the lake in a gliding box. It was shaped like an upside down wooden coffee table, with cords strung between the legs that were used to steer it as it glided across the water. I climbed the tower to the launch platform, got into the next box, and set off, terrified of heights the whole way. I was crossing the lake with two friends. One of them was steering, and one of them was escaping human traffickers that wanted to sell her into sexual slavery.

And I dreamed that my mom had wanted to name my younger sister Brooke, but had somehow accidentally named her Leia on her official birth certificate. So we called her Brooke, but she had to answer to Leia as well. But she didn't learn this until she applied for a driver's license. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment