Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Dune ~ 12/8/2014

I dreamed I was a member of the royal family of Arrakis. Not the ruling branch, though. Sort of an offshoot side branch, but still among the nobility. Frank Herbert's novels chronicled the history of our planet and our family. There were about four books that were newer than the Brian Herbert sequels.

The planet had been completely regenerated in the centuries since its total distruction, and we lived in a bustling, futuristic city, up in high towers with windows all around, up in the blue sky. We walked in private gardens and tended forests. The walkways were golden sandstone, remnants of the original desert.

My branch of the family all had light hair, and we were good and generous and kind. The ruling branch were all dark and stern and suspicious. I dreamed that half my life was spent avoiding assassination attempts, because they were always afraid, since we were more popular, that we would plot to seize control. But I woke up before they could get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment