Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Vampires ~ 1/20/2015

I dreamed that vampires were real. I dreamed that they were invading Rice University. I was at a Halloween party when all the lights went out. I was trying to find the ladies' room. I was all alone... until suddenly I wasn't. I backed into a narrow alcove with my back to a classroom door. I turned on my flashlight and saw a flash of fangs and death-pale skin before it disappeared, in fear of the light.

I dreamed we were scrabbling around campus as night began to fall, gathering beneath whatever lights we could find, but the lights were all going out. A friend and I worked our way across campus, from light to light, until we made it to my car, parked in the neighborhood to the north. We began to drive east, but were pursued. I climbed into the back seat to shine my flashlight out the rear windshield to fend them off.

We stopped at a gas station to buy batteries for my flashlight. We decided to also buy a bigger flashlight and even more batteries. We found a motel room and holed up there for the night. We stayed by the doors and windows with our flashlights and didn't sleep.

Then we were back on campus somehow and it was nightfall again. I sat down on a blanket outside the old band hall to pull up my socks. I had these awesome rainbow striped socks. The next thing I knew, it was dawn and I was waking up. I had fallen asleep on that blanket and my socks were balled up at my side. The sun was rising over the trees, and I felt a rush of fear that I'd been turned in the night and would burn to ash in the sunlight.

But I didn't. So I got up and put my socks back on and went down into the basement. The MOB was assembling to evacuate in a charter bus, and I was going with them. Then I met the slayer, then the slayer became a vampire. Then I was the slayer. Then I might have become a vampire. Then I woke up. For real this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment