Thursday, March 12, 2015

Diamonds, Apples, and Good Scotch Whiskey... Oh, and Pirates ~3/12/2015

I dreamed my friend Stefi worked in a mall jewelry store. One day she had a severe allergy attack, and needed medication, but she didn't have any cash, and the pharmacy only took cash. To solve this problem, she bought a diamond ring from her store at her employee discount, on credit, pried the diamond out, and sold it for cash at retail price.

After I was done visiting her, I went to the mall theater to watch the new Disney Pixar movie about underwater robots. As I watched carefully, some characters off to the edge of the screen stepped down out of the movie, coming to life as humans. I followed them out of the theater, and they accepted me into the family they were forming.

I settled into our new home and got to work on a set of work instructions I was writing that had to fit into a table shaped like an apple. Someone kept messing with my styles, so that some of the lines were too long and didn't fit into the apple shape. I got it all fixed finally, and set it aside. Then I realized that I had also created an apple-shaped template for a crossword puzzle, and my family set to work all devising their own puzzles with apple themed clue lists.

One of the mom-aged women in our family group answered her mother's puzzle correctly, except she used the name she wanted to have, Rose Ellen, for the clue that she was the answer to. During the night her mom snuck in and corrected it to Rose Marie, and in the morning they started fighting about it. We were all on a boat in the Caribbean, and when the mother-figure's husband-figure came to mediate, they threw him into the water.

The owner of the movie started coming after us, then, because this family was totally not kid-movie appropriate, and Disney still owned the rights. He followed us in a pirate ship, and the husband that had been thrown overboard had been hauled up and rescued, and was after us, too.  But they weren't very good sailors, and we got away by tricking them into running aground on a reef.

We came ashore ourselves some ways off, and went to go find an apartment or rental house to live in. Then this ghostly gray old woman showed up with stringy wet hair. It turned out the husband-figure had died, but was reanimating this old woman's corpse to come haunt us.  We all stepped back and let his wife deal with this.

He/she finally convinced our family that the least we could do was go back and help him clear the bar that he'd found not far from the ship. So we went back and found a bunch of mostly empty bottles.  He told us to just mix all the remainders into some big bottles, because it didn't really matter. We got started on that, and I wandered over to one end of the bar. There was a tiny rack on the wall filled with tiny bottles of Tobasco. I asked if he wanted these, too, and he said he'd already taken care of them.

At that moment I saw someone about to tip at least three drams of Glenmorangie into a communal bottle, and I grabbed it away and explained that that is NO WAY to treat good whiskey, and I started looking for a small bottle to put it in on its own. One of the family asked me about it, and how to pronounce the name, which was Braranfrgh. We decided it would be something like "braganfire". I found an unused biological specimen bottle, put the last of the scotch into that, and very adamantly told everyone NOT TO MIX this with anything.

Then a super-polite British pirate who looked like Colin Firth came to harass us, but we convinced him that all that big pirate ship over there needed was to have the water bailed out, and he should go commandeer it, so he went off and did that and left us alone. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment