Thursday, March 5, 2015

New York City Is So Weird ~ 3/3/2015

I dreamed a college friend moved to New York City to open a convenience store. It was very successful. I went up to visit him, and was browsing the aisles when I felt like I was in danger. I ran out of the store and into fields of scrubby brush and dried out reeds. I crawled beneath some bushes, but I didn't think they were hiding me very well. But I heard someone coming, so I didn't have time to move.

I was horrified to see that it was my friend who was hunting me. He had a big camera with a long lens that he was using extend his range of vision. I lay perfectly still as the lens swept across me, then came back. I knew he had found me, so I curled up in a ball and shut my eyes and played possum.

Somehow I escaped and found myself on the set of CSI: NY. They were filming an episode about a prep school girl who gets murdered at the spring fair.  She was on the planning committee for the fair, so the first suspects were her fellow committee members. The fair was magic themed, sort of Harry Potter meets My Little Pony. There were huge balloon formations floating around in a bright rainbow of colors. Then the girl stumbled out into the middle of the floor, fell forward, coughed up a small puddle of blood, gave a pitiful little gasp, and died.

I thought it was a great performance, until I realized she was really actually dead. The ghost of one of her classmates appeared to me. She was an unpopular girl that everyone had thought committed suicide. Her face was swollen and purple red, and she said it was because her killers had forced her to drink bleach, and had splashed it on her face.  She indicated that the other girl had died from ingesting bleach, too.

I was really cold, so while I pondered this, I decided to take a hot bath in my mom's big jacuzzi tub. I put some bleach in first, then waded across the tub to drain the bleachy water. The tub seemed to grow to the size of a small swimming pool as I waded, and I began to worry that I'd get bleach burns myself. I made it across, though, got it all drained and rinsed out, and rinsed my hands and legs off well, too.

I filled the tub with hot water, so I could soak up to my neck. But somehow I accidentally knocked the faucet sideways so that half the water went in the tub, and the other half onto the bathroom floor. I didn't realize this until the tub was full and the bathroom completely flooded. I got the water turned off and tried to think what I could do.

I looked around me, and was astounded to see all sorts of people and animals going past. That would be weird enough, but all of them had gull beaks. Their faces elongated forward into a slender beak with a slightly bulbous end. Cardinals, actual gulls, dogs, horses wearing battle armor face guards, even people, all wandering past with their faces stretched into these long beaks. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment