Thursday, June 16, 2016

TBTT#20 CSI Calleigh Duquesne ~ 1/14/2013

I dreamed I was CSI Calleigh Duquesne, which was awesome to start with. So I went to treat myself to dinner at a super fancy buffet on Canal Street. The host who seated me was pretty attractive, so I asked if he'd join me for drinks when he was done with work. Turned out he was the owner.

We went for drinks, but as we were sitting at the bar, I received a cryptic note, which I couldn't make any sense of, but it was kind of threatening, and he recognized the handwriting as that of some mystery person who was stalking him. So he insisted I not go home, or the person might follow me and learn where I lived.

He put me up in a hotel room in the hotel attached to his restaurant. For such a nice place, it was kind of a crummy room, with the shower in a corner above the toilet. But it had a patio that looked over a grassy coastal field with palm trees and the whitewashed walls of a convent. Every morning, a flock of bright green and red parrots would flap down from the walls and waddle penguin style around the field eating grasshoppers.

After watching them for a while, I decided it was time to get to work, so I went out to the parking garage, where I found that my car had been flipped out off the second level, and was lying upside down and totaled on the ground below. But my CSI team was already on the scene. I couldn’t work it, of course, because I was too close to the case, but also because whoever had done it had stolen my kit and plastered the car with my own evidence tags.

It was determined that only a robot could have flipped the car. A fingerprint on one of the tags led us to a dance instructor and choreographer for a show at Harrah's that featured dancers and little rolly robots that she had both designed and programmed. In her studio, the team discovered the larger version that had flipped my car.

Turns out she had had a fling with the restaurant owner and, unbeknownst to him, gotten pregnant. She'd had an ectopic pregnancy, which she had to abort, and the procedure had caused some damage so that she'd never be able to have children. She went to court, pled guilty, got a light sentence, and I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment