Thursday, June 9, 2016

Weirdest High School Reunion Ever ~ 6/9/2016

I dreamed I was headed to my 20 year high school reunion. I hitched a ride on a space ship shaped like a VW microbus, only bigger, with dark brown sides and a white top. Among the travelers I joined was a very pale, sickly baby. He was the sweetest little child, but so quiet, and everyone knew he wouldn't live long. As I held him, the baby died. I began crying, and I placed him very gently back in his car seat. We were all silent as the millions of miles flowed past us.

We landed near the site of my reunion, and suddenly heard the baby laughing. He had come back to life, after being cold and stiff for hours! It was a miracle! I hopped out of the bus incredibly happy, and saw my father, who was helping set up the reunion. I told him the story as we walked to my old high school, where the party would be. Only the school had fallen into ruins. No one seemed to mind, though.

One of the guys in my class asked me if I was ready to dance with him that night, and I realized I'd lost my cowboy boots somewhere along the way. My dad had some bright yellow rain boots in his trunk, so I put those on instead. And started milling around the party guests, looking for old friends. I talked to a few, then I had to use the restroom, so I went looking for that.

There were still toilets in the old restroom, but more than half of the stalls had been demolished, and the ones that were left didn't have doors. There were a lot of anxious women and girls milling around trying to figure out how to pee in private when everyone at the party was just on the other side of a three foot high collapsed stone wall.

Fortunately, the reunion was a pizza party, and there were hundreds of pizza boxes stacked in a corner of the ruined kitchen. I went and got one and unfolded it, and it was big enough to make a sort of door for one of the remaining stalls. There were some cardboard tabs that I folded out so they'd hang on either side of the stall walls. There was a little girl with curly brown hair looking distraught, so I showed her how to make a door out of cardboard.

When I turned around to go into my newly private stall, I found someone else had gone in already, and now there was a line. I turned to get another pizza box, and then I woke up.

1 comment:

  1. You always have the most interesting dreams! I love reading about them! Also, I'm a bit jealous. I suffer from sleep apnea and my brain doesn't allow me to fall into the R.E.M. state, therefore no dreaming. :(
    I close my eyes and then I open them...that's it. I do, however, do a lot of daydreaming!

    ReplyDelete