Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Pre-Wedding Jitters ~ 1/4/2017

I dreamed it was the day before my wedding. I was getting married in my family's new house. Which we were currently in the process of moving into. What could possibly go wrong?

First, thank goodness, my father was able to make it, but we kept having to hide him, because he was in the witness protection program, so no one but us could know he was there. Which also meant he couldn't help with any of the moving.

Then, Brooke was supposed to be in charge of making the pizza for the reception, but she wouldn't stop carrying stuff from the old house to the new long enough to do it, and mom kept taking away the ingredients anyway. Finally I put everything I needed out on the counter in front of me where I could keep an eye on it, and started making the pizza myself.

I kept telling mom to take my wedding dress over to the new house and hang it in my changing room, but someone kept bringing it back. Then mom got really mad at me for telling her to do things she knew she'd already done, and I tried to explain that I *knew* she'd done it before, but it needed to be done again, and no one could figure out why or how this was happening.

I finally finished the pizza, and Brooke carried that over, along with my dress. It was just about time for the wedding, and we all knew for once where the dress was, so they rushed me over to the new house so I could get ready.

The new house had an amphitheater, which is where the wedding was going to be. People were already getting seated, but it wasn't like I was supposed to keep from being seen, because, since there wasn't actually a groom, it didn't matter who saw me before the wedding.

My changing area was basically the last few rows of the amphitheater with sheets draped to block the area from view. My dress lay there over one row of seats, but I couldn't change into it, because people kept coming through the sheets and sitting in the back rows. Which made no sense, because then they wouldn't be able to see the wedding!

I finally started yelling at everyone to get out and stay out and no one else come back there, and once I was alone, I got changed super-quick. I looked in the mirror and began debating whether or not it was okay that my bangs were in my eyes, and whether or not I should shave, or at least trim, my beard. And then I woke up.


No comments:

Post a Comment