Monday, July 2, 2018

Mysterious Experiments ~ 7/2/2018

I dreamed I was going back to school at Rice to get a philosophy degree. I was touring the library with my new advisor and a friend. While we were browsing through an encyclopedic Lives of Great Philosophers series, we got to see some of the EE department experiments in progress.

One experiment was displaying a map of the US, and some narrow, intersecting bars overlaid onto it. After watching for a while, I deduced that the bars were a function of sin(20) and cos(-2), with longitude and latitude worked in. Then, when the bars were positioned correctly, the area of overlap would be subjected to a small dose of proprietary energy. My advisor told us proudly that this work had been going on for almost a century.

My friend became obsessed with finding out if either of her parents had been born around the time their area was so evergized. We worked out that her mother had. We were trying to get into the ramifications of what that meant when we heard a plane roaring closer, closer, then right overhead. At first we didn’t think anything of it, since we were just south of the airport. But it got louder and louder and much too loud. There was an almighty bang, and the walls shook, and sparks flew from some of the computer equipment.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment