Thursday, December 19, 2013

Fun and Games ~ 12/19/2013

I was playing an un-televised, street corner version of a game show game where rows an columns of pictures scrolled down a wall-sized screen, sort of like a giant slot machine, but slow enough to see the pictures as the passed. Each picture was worth different points or prizes, and you collected them by touching them before they scrolled off the bottom, but you had to collect a certain number to get the prize, and some pictures would wipe out your totals for some prizes. At more advanced levels, with better prizes, there were pictures you did NOT want to touch because they would negate all your collections, and, at the end of the round, however many storm troopers you'd collected on accident would appear and have to be fought. Fun times.

I was about done playing the game when a couple of my acquaintance showed up with their toddler son and infant daughter.  The husband was someone I'd been good friends with for a while, but apparently his wife and I didn't get along.  She challenged me to a fist fight, and I took her ass DOWN, without really hitting hard, just hard enough to startle her and keep her off balance until I knocked her to the ground and pinned her. After that I let her up and she left me alone, and I went to go play with the kids for a while.

Suddenly we realized we'd been snowed into the bar where the game was.  I think we were in Virginia or something, but we were snowed in.  There was a little bedroom, next to a dining room and kitchen that looked just like my grandparents' house.  Someone's Uncle Rudy came downstairs just as we were putting my friends' children, along with three other little boys about five years old, down for a nap.  Uncle Rudy wanted to take a nap, too, so they all piled into the king sized bed that took up most of the bedroom.  But Uncle Rudy was NOT very genial, and he started pushing the kids out of the bed.  The older boys did fine, but it was a good thing I went to check, because I just barely caught the toddler as he went head first off the mattress, and I was able to grab the baby girl before she followed.

At least by then the snow melted, so we all headed out to go see Westminster Abbey.  There was this viewing platform out in the middle of a gorgeous tropical bay called Sapphire Shoals, because of the deep blue color of the gorgeous water.  I had along with me a little companion animal.  It was about the size of a teacup chihuahua, but... it wasn't a dog, and... it wasn't a cat or a rat or... well, anything I can identify.  It was gray and had thin silky fur, and ENORMOUS ears, and it could talk in a tiny, high voice, in its own language, which I had learned.  It's name was Pipsqueak.

Pipsqueak and I had a great time on the boat out to the viewing station, listening to my friend Kerri talk about the summer she had worked there, and the excursions and tours we could take from the platform.  Then this thing swam by that completely freaked us out. It looked like four long rectangles of rubber, like six feet long and five inches wide, joined in pairs partway along one end, black on the outside and white within.  and the joined together end was the head and it undulated like the sides of a sting ray down the length of the flaps, and for some reason I thought this looked like the rubber car wash flaps, and someone told me it was, indeed, called the car wash skate. So, yeah, Pipsqueak and I were pretty mesmerized by this thing until I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment