Wednesday, April 2, 2014

This Miscellany Brought to You by Benadryl ~4/2/2014

So, my allergy meds are completely changing my sleep cycle.  I know my dreams have been just as zany as ever, only... I can't really remember much.  So here's a brief glance into my past few nights, one snapshot from each dream.  It's the best I can do.

Three nights ago I dreamed that I was visiting Mrs. Schultze, a neighbor lady near where I grew up. She had decided to become a confectioner and open a candy shop, and her kitchen counters were covered with trays and trays of candies in all colors of the rainbow.  They were kind of like soft taffies with crunchy sugar coatings, cherry, orange, lemon, apple, blueberry, grape, vanilla, chocolate, butterscotch. They were beautiful and delicious.

Two nights ago I dreamed that I was driving my white pickup truck down I-10 and my check engine light kept flickering on and off, and there was a strange metallic scraping noise.  But I was pretty sure I knew what it was.  I pulled off to the side, popped the hood, and sure enough, this extruded sheet of metal that covered the engine had slid out of place.  All I had to do was slide the front tabs back into the slots behind the grill, screw in a few screws, and it would be fixed.  That's when I realized I was stopped on the Atchafalaya Basin bridge, and there was no shoulder, so I was blocking a lane, and I'd turned my lights off.  I scrambled to turn the emergency lights on, because I could see a car coming, and just as I pushed the button, I woke up.

Last night I dreamed I was on a boat.  It was a big paddle wheel steamboat cruise ship on the Mississippi, and I was sort of a fly on the wall as two middle-aged housewives were putting on fancy lingerie and party dresses and talking about their latest cougar conquests, because it was THAT kind of singles cruise. I decided this was not the place for me, so I got off the boat in New Orleans, and went to walk over the bridge to the West Bank. Only the passenger section of the bridge was just a set of bare iron girders arching over the river.  Foot traffic was heavy, though I can't for the life of me figure out how we all stayed balanced.  Something distracted me, though, and I turned too fast and started to fall... and woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment