Monday, August 25, 2014

Housewarming ~ 8/25/2014

I dreamed I moved into a two bedroom apartment with my best friend and two strangers. The apartment was in a complex full of college kids moving back for school in a quaint seaside town with a booming oil economy.

Things were going okay, until one of the roommates left the door open and the stereo on, and everyone decided we were having an open house party. Soon there were people everywhere. One guy started handing out recruiting flyers for Shell. I told him that, one, I was also a contractor with Shell, so I didn't need one, and two, I did not at all appreciate him handing out flyers in my home without asking our permission.

He left, but then I noticed a guy I'd been involved with years ago was lounging in one corner flirting with everyone and totally charming my best friend and roommates. I made a mental note to point out his wedding ring to them at some point, in case they'd missed it. Also, there was some sort of reality television dating game in town, as well as a pirate gathering. Real pirates, not just people in costumes. So the guys trooping into our place got steadily more difficult to deal with politely.

Then one of the new roommates whom I didn't know well came and said her dad needed to stay with us for a while. I said that was no problem. Then she said she'd gone ahead and cleared some space in my closet for his clothes. This in spite of the fact that my closet was not in the room that he'd be staying in, and that there were almost-empty closets all over the house.

I went to see what she'd moved and the answer was... Everything. All of my clothes we're gone. I asked her where she'd put them, and she kept saying, well, over there, of course, rolling her eyes and acting like I was making a big deal out of nothing. But when I'd look where she said, I'd find someone else's things, instead, or I'd find, like, three of my long sleeves shirts that I couldn't wear because it was summer, and she'd be like, see, there are your clothes, what's your problem?

I yelled at her that I'd have been happy to help find room for her father's things, even if it had to be my closet instead of one of the empty ones, but that she'd been completely in the wrong to go move all of my clothes and not tell me where they were. I heard her talking on the phone with her mom, having locked herself in the bathroom to get away from me, and telling her mom what a nightmare roommate she had.

I continued to search every closet, trying to find my clothes, threatening to either cut her face or kick her out if she didn't just put all my things back right now, and my friend kept waffling about whether she and I should have chosen the other bedroom instead of the one we were settled in, and pirates and hopeful bachelors continued to traipse in and out, and the ex continued to flirt with everyone in sight, until I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment