Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Talking Dogs and Phantom Coffee ~ 2/25/2015

I dreamed I was one of the witches from Charmed. I was riding around Castroville in my godfather's RV with my mom, and we were stopping to say hello to all the people he knew, and each time they'd ask about my godmother, so he'd have to tell them the news that she'd passed away. Eventually I asked to be let out in the Country Village neighborhood so I could walk my two Chihuahuas. One of them was gray brindled, and the other was light tan. And they could talk. It was really early in the morning, so there weren't many people out yet, so it was okay that they were talking out loud to me, until a guy came out with his Spaniel, and we almost got caught.

So I put the dogs in my van and started driving north, to our house in the Hill Country. I hadn't reached Rio Medina yet, and there was a bend in the road. I could see children playing up ahead, so I slowed down. A bunch of them ran into the road right in front of me, and I honked and braked hard. I looked out and saw one of them lying on the verge, but I couldn't stop right there. I managed to stop the car down the road a bit, pulled off, put it in park, and ran back.

It turned out the little boy lying on the road was fine, and the adults were panicking over a little girl who had fallen down a short cliff up above the road, and had hurt her legs and couldn't get up or down. But they'd already called for help and I couldn't do anything, either, so I decided to continue on my way. I went back to the van, and two of the kids had climbed in my window and were giggling at my ex, who had somehow lost his clothes, and was trying to discretely hide away in the back. I hauled the kids out through the window, and got in to drive my ex back home where he could get some more clothes.

We got home, and while he was dressing, I watched a Disney special on television that honored all the characters they'd had through the years that were brothers.  Like Rabbit from Winnie the Pooh and the long lost twin brother he found. And Aladdin and his brother. And Robin Hood and his brother. And Mickey and Donald and Goofy all had brothers too, apparently. And, of course, Chip and Dale. It was an interesting special.

All throughout this dream, I kept thinking I was awake, lying in bed, and could smell cinnamon vanilla mocha. Then the smell would go away, and I'd wake a little more and wonder if I was really awake, and where the coffee was, and then I'd go back to sleep, until I finally woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment