Friday, May 1, 2015

Sacred Caves ~ 5/1/2015

I dreamed I was in an sacred cave, with shaped stones erected just so up the center. Like Stonehenge, but a line instead of a circle. It was an ancient women's place. It had a number of rooms and levels, and some other women and I were considering moving in. I was also talking about creating a similar place in the open air of the hillside that sloped up from the cave entrance. That place would have sacred stones, but would be for everybody, and have a nice terrace at the top to watch the sunset from.

I looked at a map and saw that if I followed the trail past the cave, around the length of the sacred place, I'd come to another sacred space for men.  Out of curiosity, I followed the trail and found an ancient Mithraic temple. A Roman warrior was at the entrance upbraiding a young girl for being found inside.

I took the girl by the hand, glared at the guard, and marched us both back into the space, because damn it, this was America. It was all dark and torchlit, but she took me back to the chamber where she and her parents had been hiding. I found out they were a wealthy Lybian family who had received threats that they would be killed or the little girl or her brother kidnapped. Just then, their handlers from the State Department showed up, and asked me to help, since I knew the caves and the surrounding area really well.

I agreed, and told them about a passage out to a remote area behind the caves.  We went to look at it, then we realized that we were being followed by enemy agents. There were all sorts of creepy crawly worms at the entrance of the tunnel, and it was very low, so one had to crawl, but the family and I went through anyway, because the danger gave us no time to hesitate.

Somewhere in the darkness I lost them. By the time I got to the exit, they were nowhere to be seen and I was late for class. I ran back to my dorm to get my bag, then trotted off to class, where we were being quizzed on the hundreds of different planets that made up the Harry Potter universe. I opened my book to look at the space map printed on the inside of the back cover to cram, but I didn't like my chances.

After class, I got one of my friends to come with me to find out what was going on with the family. Since we couldn't find them, my friend suggested this dog he knew that we could use to track them. Only the family who owned him was out of town, so we had to go break into their house and steal the dog. We'd gotten the door unlocked, and my friend told me to be very careful, because the family owned about a dozen dogs, and they weren't very friendly.

But I just opened the door and walked in and cooed, "Awww, puppy!" over all the dogs that came to me, and made friends, and picked up the one he said was the tracker, and we went out. Unfortunately, a block away, we ran into the neighborhood kids who were feeding the dogs while the owners were out. They recognized the dog I was holding, and asked me where I'd found him. So I spun a story and gave him back, and we had to go find the family on our own. But before we found them, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment