Friday, April 24, 2015

Pop Culture Mashups and Improbable Commutes ~ 4/24/2016

I dreamed I was Dr. Temperance Brennen, the vampire slayer. I could change my appearance at will, and I was always worried I'd completely forget what I really looked like, or that maybe I had no true natural face. Duncan Idaho was the guardian of the slayer line, and the way it was ensured that there would be a slayer in every generation was that he fathered one.

Then I was me, riding a bicycle. First I was biking down Rampart Street in the predawn dark, trying to get to work. But I took a wrong turn and ended up on I-10. I couldn't turn around until the I-55 exit, and it was full light before I made it back into town. Then I was suddenly on the roads near Momo's house. Stopping at stop signs was hard, and I seemed to only really be able to pedal with my right leg. Eventually I got the hang of things, but then I hit a bump and went flying up in the air. When I landed, my bicycle was facing backwards.

I took a break from cycling when I got to the diner. It was a weird little place built around an old road. Traffic could no longer go through because the diner counter made the road too narrow. I got there too early, though, and before it opened, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment