Monday, April 20, 2015

I'm Dreaming of a Weird Christmas ~ 4/20/2015

I dreamed that we were staying at Betty and Ronnie's for Christmas. We went shopping in this little holiday boutique in Schulenburg, and there was a discount rack of old decorations and keepsakes. I got one little reindeer figurine for $12.38, instead of the original price of $47.99, because it was marked for the year 2021, which was over a decade ago.

We were all getting ready to go to the vigil mass, so I helped Betty take some gear out of their two identical suburbans. They had the seats down and a pile of equipment in each. Betty explained that, with their set up, they could be unpacked and ready to cater a barbecue or go camping, and then packed up again, in less than twenty minutes.

We were about to set off for mass when Dad showed up with a new hair cut. He'd been delayed, but he made it just in time. After mass, he came to talk to me in the garage. We all knew he was sick and might die soon, and he was worried about his cat. The cat was very old, and sick too, and he asked me if I would please be there for it, and look after it until its end, if he couldn't be around to do it.

I agreed, and after that it became my job to clean up its messes, which were many, as it was an old, blind, really fat, and incontinent cat. But I was able to keep things reasonably clean, and wash the stain out of the nice guest bath towel that had fallen on the floor and gotten messed on.

The next day we had a big holiday party. One of my friends from New Orleans showed up in a tux. I saw him in a tux a lot, because he'd been a groomsman in many weddings I'd been to. He was a super good looking guy, and the tux only enhanced that, and my Dad asked why I wasn't dating him. He was worried that I'd be alone, with no important man in my life when he was gone.

I explained that, friendly as we were, I wasn't my friend's type to be romantically interested in. My dad argued that I was too beautiful for that to be true, and just look at how gorgeous I was in my new red dress. All I could do was shrug. I had no answers for why any guy wasn't interested in me, because I agreed that I was pretty and amazing, but there's no accounting for taste. Then I woke up.


No comments:

Post a Comment