Sunday, April 12, 2015

Back to School, Back in Time ~ 4/12/2015

I dreamed that, in spite of having gone through university and grad school, we found out that somehow I had missed a semester in high school. So I re-enrolled in Medina Valley to finish up. I was there the first day of school, but then they called me to come back to work for a week, then I was sick for a week, so before I could go back to class, I had to go make sure my permit to be enrolled was still valid.

The Department of Education was in a beige-painted brick building next to a grassy alley of enormous old live oaks. I had finished getting my permit checked, and would be okay to go back to class, but everyone who helped me through the process nagged me about how I could only miss two weeks of school total for the semester to even count, so I'd better not miss any more class.

I went outside to wait form my mother to come pick me up. I sat on a huge, low oak branch, and watched a bunch of baby seals playing in the mulch around my feet. They were about the size of pigeons. It looked like they'd gotten through the bars of a nearby enclosure, where their mom was. Their mom was a young snow leopard. I shepherded them back to her, and she was very grateful.

I went back to my second day of school, and was super-irritated by the teenagers around me. Then I got a call that I was needed for an emergency, so I left. I figured if I turned in all my assignments, my teachers would sign off on graduating me, since this was just a formality anyhow, and I could ace all the tests.

I discovered that my dad was playing in a nation-wide time travel, European history sort of RPG, and they had discovered a plot by gigantic ants to turn humans into mindless slaves. The giant ants would send their normal-sized ant minions to bite people with a special venom. People would swell up with boils from the bites, then turn into zombies. But we had the antidote.

While my dad worked with a Norman warrior queen to get archery tips, I began shooting infected people in non-vital places with small arrows tipped with the antidote. Dad and the queen and a raiding party were able to destroy the evil giant ants and their lair, and my archers and I cured all the people.

My dad sat me down in the empty artist's studio that his RPG team used for their meetings. He got me to record his notes from the partnership with the Norman queen in the game log. He particularly wanted things in writing so that no one could accuse him of cheating, either in the game or on my mother. I was to use a special, dark green grease pencil.

I copied his notes over onto the laminated game log pages, until the afternoon got so hot that the grease pencil melted all over my hands. I couldn't reach the high sink to wash the oily green paste off of my fingers, until Dad reminded me that I could go up some steps to a landing behind the sink and reach it from there.

I got my fingers all cleaned off, and went over to the Randall's on Buffalo Speedway, where they had a DIY Mongolian barbecue bar. I picked out some beef and broccoli and brown sauce, but decided I would stir fry it up at home, since another woman was using the grill at the moment. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment