Friday, April 10, 2015

Band Trip to Sweden ~ 4/10/2015

I dreamed the Marching Owl Band went to Sweden to give a exhibition show in a European marching band competition. Our fedoras were the size of ten gallon hats, and for some reason we were using the herald trumpets. I had a hard time doing horn flashes in Louie, Louie without hurting myself.

We got off the bus at the institute that was holding the competition, and I went to get in line for the ladies room. But I didn't see the line at first, and sort of walked to the head of it by mistake, and this huge woman who was acting as the line monitor put me in a choke hold and dragged me to the end of the line. I tried to explain that she could have just called out to me first, but she didn't speak English.

We had a lot of time before the competition and our show, so we went on a bus tour of the area we were in. It was night, and I stood on a white sand beach, barefoot in spite of the cold, and watched the northern lights dance across the sky. Then a snow shower began, but it was the most spectacular thing. These tiny snow clouds would burst like pale, shimmery, and perfectly symmetrical eight-pointed stars. Snowflakes would drift down from the tips of each star. The sky was filled with them, traced across an otherwise clear night sky like spiderwebs.

Then I was late to our performance, but that's okay because it looked like part of the show. Then I forgot how to play Louie, Louie, which was pretty embarrassing. Then the whole thing was over and I was headed home.

Back home, I was the Queen of Diamonds in a pack of cards. The Queen of Hearts (that tramp) was the King's mistress, and had born him a bastard son, while I had only given him a daughter. I was pregnant again, but in true Anne Boleyn style, I miscarried. Worried about my daughter and my own position, I commanded the power of quartz and elm to be with the two children, so they could withstand the flood of the King's wrath when I told him.

I wasn't so worried about myself because the King's favorite adviser really cared for me, and I was a favorite with all his counsel.  And also, the King was stern and demanding, but he wasn't actually crazy like Henry VIII, and our laws could be changed in favor of either child. Also, the Queen of Hearts was really a decent friend to me, so I figured we could work something out, especially once the King saw how strong either child could be.  And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment