Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Vampire Armies of Persia ~ 9/15/2015

I dreamed I was visiting the Pacific Northwest. It was gorgeous, of course. I sat and watched a river flow into the sea under a full moon. It looked like silver, diamond, and pearl turned liquid, and sounded like the singing of souls, or that's how I described it to an old school friend I ran into.

Then the state started sending out notices for us to evacuate, because the vampire armies of Persia were coming. These were vast hordes of shambling, hungry men, women, and children, disfigured by the Persian government. At a young age, their lower jaws were surgically removed, and they were trained to drink blood as their only form of sustenance.

That was a pretty horrifying thought, but my vacation got even darker when I found myself touring a ward where children waited to be operated on. They were sobbing and screaming, and I knew I just needed to keep my head down and get out of there. But it was just too awful, listening to them pleading for their parents and begging not to be turned into monsters. I finally couldn't help breaking into a fit of horrified and angry screams, myself. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment