Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Weekend Vignettes ~ 9/21/2015

Thursday Night: 
I dreamed that I lived with Brennan and Booth from Bones, in a cave, in prehistoric times.  There was a hot spring in the cave that shone a luminous blue-green in the torch light. Brennan kept track of the temperature, using her finger and a digital read-out thermometer. It kept fluctuating by about ten degrees, and Brennan was obsessed with figuring out what was causing the temperature change. Booth and I really couldn't care less, but it was interesting to watch her experiment and deduce.

Friday Night:
I dreamed I was in a theater, watching sneak previews of a reality show that was coming out. In the show, my sister's boyfriend was pretending to court Luna Lovegood behind our backs. But I knew it wasn't true, so I wasn't worried, and in fact, helped them keep up the facade a bit, because I knew my sister would benefit from the prize money. Then Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy came into the theater. I was the first to recognize them, and I jumped up to give Nimoy a standing ovation. Everyone else got up to applaud, too, and the Spocks just laughed and laughed.

Saturday Night:
I dreamed I was visiting St. Louis Cathedral with my family and Tanya. It was poised on a cliff high above the river. They were giving a lecture inside about a serial killer who once tried to seek sanctuary there. As people wandered back out, I realized the pews and floorboards were all made of ancient driftwood, starting to rot.  I looked out a broken stained glass window to see the west bank of the Mississippi, far below, golden in the afternoon sun. I turned back. Light filled the cathedral, but as a strong wind blew, the floor creaked and swayed, and the pendant lamps swung back and forth a little. So I hurried back out into the square, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment