Friday, June 20, 2014

Secret Identities and Crazy Truck Hijinks ~ 6/20/2014

I dreamed that I was at a bar wearing a Rice T-shirt, and some guys started hollering, "Woooo! Whiskey Owls!" At me. I saw they were wearing Rice shirts, and we must have agreed that whiskey was awesome, so I grinned and waved to them, but I was leaving, so there wasn't time to chat.

I met up with my dad and my boyfriend at a Mexican restaurant. We had a late lunch, then all headed for mom and dad's house in the hill country. Dad was driving a truck with a trailer attached. Somewhere down Redwing Road, that became a truck towing a semi by a 20 foot long swiveling attachment made out of six inch pipe. This was working fine until we turned down Sunrise Trail, and the cops in the police helicopter were getting really nervous because daddy was towing the rig with a small airplane flying about thirty feet off the ground, which seemed like a fine idea, until he reached the stop lights, suspended on cable, hanging above our one lane, in the sticks, cul de sac road. Then the cops started hollering through a bullhorn, but dad just went on through the red lights, and the cable and poles went down to the ground, then sprang right back to normal.

The cops flew off, and we got home with no other problems. There was a party going on, and most of the MOB, some of my New Orleans friends, and the Whiskey Owls guys were there. The trailer dad was hauling turned out to be a mobile home that he parked out by the garage for mom to do her writing in, because mom was a writer, though I didn't think she'd gotten anything published yet.

The party was doing great when one of my NOLA friends, who was also a writer, came and told me how excited she was to learn that my mom was actually Corey Flynn, author of a best selling vampire mystery series. My friend explained excitedly that she and some other writers had figured it out and she couldn't wait to tell everyone.

I pointed out that my mother hadn't even told ME; I was pretty sure she didn't want anyone to know. But my friend insisted this was just what writers did, and she was going to spread the word. I became absolutely furious, ordered her to leave, and told her we were no longer on friendly speaking turns. Another friend that she's already told came up then to ask me about it, an I told her I had no knowledge of it being true, and if it was, my mom probably wouldn't be happy to know her secret was out, so I'd appreciate it if she wouldn't tell anyone else, and she agreed. My other friend kept insisting it would be okay, until I yelled at her to GET OUT, and shoved her out the door.

But she kept trying to explain how it was okay, and then another friend came up excited about it because she'd been told. But she agreed not to tell.

Finally my mom called me into the writing trailer, and told me that yes, she was Corey Flynn, and that it was too late, everyone knew, and she wasn't really happy, but it was done, and she wanted me to not be so angry. Then she told me that one of her characters was modeled after me, and my vampire name was Jacob Perfect, and I thanked her for not making me a really mystical sounding character, and we hugged, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment