Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Back to School ~ 11/25/2015

I dreamed that my friend, who was absolutely gorgeous, had a crush on a guy in our dorm, who was Hodgins from Bones, but with long, crazy hair. I had a crush on him, too, but they were just so perfect for each other that it only seemed right to introduce them, since Hodgins was a good friend of mine. My friend asked him out, and he was about to say no, and I asked him why. He said it was because she was so beautiful, he couldn't believe she'd really be interested in him. I insisted that she was also intelligent and inquisitive and would be into all his quirks, if he'd just pluck up the self-esteem to give it a chance. So he did, they immediately hit it off, and became a couple.

Of course, this made me sad for myself, and I spent a lot of time after that jumping into piles of huge maple and sycamore leaves that were changing colors, and even joined a pirate ship for a brief time. Suddenly, I realized it was almost time for English class with my middle school English teacher, so I hurried into the classroom, only to find that it was a 1pm class, not a 1:30pm class, so I was already super late. But when the teacher asked me, and I explained and apologized, everything seemed to be all right.

Partway through the class, though, I started channeling. I saw visions of little remote controlled race cars being driven through desert brush, on a rugged track, with their young owners pelting after them. At the same time, I knew the mother of one of the little girls in the race had been poisoned. When I came to myself, I found I'd walked out of the classroom, down a flight of stairs covered with sand. On each step I'd written a letter, and the result was "pentalchlorine penthate". My English teacher asked what that was, and I explained that it was a fast acting poison that could be made from common household materials, and that I'd learned this watching CSI. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment