Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest ~ 11/12/2015

I dreamed I was having a really bad day. I called my friend to help me out, but I couldn't get hold of him, so I went to the ice cream parlor, but they were all out of ice cream and brownies, and all they had left was Italian soda, so I ordered a cherry and blood orange one, and kept trying to get hold of my friend.

He finally texted me back, but he thought it was the girl he'd just started dating texting him, so when he said he'd be there in ten minutes, he didn't mean he'd be there with me, but that he was going to go hang with her. What I didn't know was that she was a shape shifter, and changed into a hornet, and that he was learning to do the same. I also didn't know she was my neighbor in my new apartment complex. (I'd moved into the new units built where Bissonnet Village used to be.)

All I knew was that I finally decided to just go home, and when I got home, to top off my bad day, I found a hornet's nest  just inside the window I'd left open on accident. It was a cylindrical sort of cage made out of mud and twigs, and it already had over a dozen little bulges that were incubating eggs. Then the hornet mom flew in and settled herself in the nest, in MY apartment, and I didn't know she was part human, but I do NOT like wasps and bees and such. So I flipped out, and began to bug bomb the nest. I kicked it out onto the balcony patio, and lit it on fire.

Then my friend texted me, still thinking I was his girlfriend, and something about his text explained the whole thing, and I couldn't figure out how on earth I was going to tell him that I'd just poisoned, then torched, his new love and family.  Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment