Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stealth ~ 7/2/2014

I haven't been remembering anything very coherent lately. Just snippets. I also haven't been sleeping that great, so that's probably why.  But last night was pretty cool.

I dreamed I was in my office building, which was much closer to the Crescent City Connection here in downtown New Orleans. I was visiting the break room, which was in a corner office overlooking the river, when a stealth bomber flew by, doing tactical maneuvers among the buildings in the CBD. This dark bat-like shape just swooped silently around, banking 90 degree turns around One Shell Square at top speed.  Then it took off toward the bridge, and began slaloming over and under the trusses, above the highway. Finally it landed in the Mississippi, and the pilots got out for a swim.

That was exciting, but then I went home to find three young children sitting on my stoop, waiting for their mother to come pick them up from school. Since it was so hot, I let them wait inside, and they proceeded to kind of trash the place, and I had to explain that my landlady would really NOT like to be given a bouquet consisting of ALL of her pink impatiens pulled up by their roots.  Then I had to pick up a bunch of ice cubes and mop the floor, and finally their mom came.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment