Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Latest in Mass Transit and Hostel Decor ~ 7/9/2014

I visited my friend Emily in Seattle, since she'd moved there from Florida and I was thinking of moving, too. There was a vacant building near her where I could live, and there was a plywood conduit walkway we could extend between our two places so we could visit each other without getting rained on.

We were walking down a street lined with tall pine trees when she pointed out overhead the city's newest form of mass transit. It was a hovering blue spaceship looking thing, shaped like a triangle with rounded corners. It's location would show up on Google Maps in real time, and you could click it and request a ride and get time estimates and everything, and it would beam you up and down. It was awesome.

Emily came back with me to New Orleans for a visit, and we stayed together in a hostel my dancer friends had told me about. It was comfortable and free and conveniently located, but it had one big problem. The owner had a weird sense of humor, and he'd commissioned several wax heads from a mold taken from my friend Robert. Then he put them in places like the women's bathroom, so you'd get out of the shower, say, and spaz out because it looked like there was this guy watching you. It was super creepy.

Emily and I joined some friends of mine to see a movie. I was surprised to see that my friend David had dyed his hair black. Em and I got separated from the others because I kept losing my shoes, and my phone wouldn't work, so I couldn't communicate with them. We finally caught up with them hours later, and I was afraid we'd missed the movie, but it turned out we had to reserve the movie for the next day. Anyhow. It would be from 1:30pm to 8pm, and I thought I might have agreed to be somewhere else in that time, but I couldn't remember. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment