Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Guardian Angel Who's Always Lost and Late ~ 9/23/2014

I dreamed that everywhere I was going, I was running late and getting lost. Also, I was a sort of guardian angel, so this was a particularly bad thing. I was supposed to be watching over Sookie Stackhouse, who was dating my friend Chip. I went to a wake Chip was at. Everyone was discussing a set of multimedia shelves the departed had left to Chip, because they always reminded them of him. I wanted to ask if this was because they knew Chip liked music and movies, or if it was because the shelves were five feet six inches wide, and Chip was five feet six inches tall. But that seemed impolite, and Sookie had already left, so I needed to find her.

I drove off, after her car, but I just couldn't catch up and it was getting dark, so I decided to park the car and fly. First I flew west into the last of a golden sunset, out over a wooded countryside. But it was so easy to fly west, and flying felt so good that I stopped paying attention and flew miles too far. I turned back, but it was much harder to fly east, and I sank to the ground.

I kept running and jumping, trying to take off again, but I knew it would be easier if I could find something high to jump from. So I followed rutted dirt farm roads through the trees until I found an enormous old gray mansion. I snuck in and crept through ballrooms and billiard rooms and dark upper corridors, until I found my way to a long rooftop terrace. I ran the length of it, jumped into the air, and managed to fly back into the city.

I landed in a shopping plaza area, paved in red brick, with dark iron stairs and walkways from building to building, on the ground and across the upper stories. The sun was rising, and I'd overshot again. I wasn't supposed to be seen feathered and flying, and every time a sunbeam hit my wings, there was this choral major chord plus second sound, so I had to get out of there fast.

I flew back out to the country. I'd completely lost track of Sookie by now. I crashed into a barn, and found Elvis living in there. He'd gone kinda crazy, and didn't make any sense. Then some other guy came in, raving about something he called "the blush" that he was looking for. There were stacks of what looked like potatoes all over the barn. hiding large bits of farm machinery. There was also a bright turquoise vintage Cadillac with white roof and fins. Apparently the potato stacks kept everything warm.

The new guy started rummaging in a potato stack, and all the potatoes fell down, and behind them were piles and piles of big pink apples. THESE, apparently, were "the blush." Blush apples were bright pink on the outside, and pale pink on the inside, and super delicious. Fascinating as all this was, I had places to be, so I left him and Elvis discussing apples, and went out to figure out my next move.

I decided to just go to my grandmother's house, since it was nearby.  I found my mom and Momo there, getting ready for Saturday night mass.  They told me to hurry up, and I could come with them.  So I went down the hall to put on church clothes, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment