Sunday, September 21, 2014

Moving On, Going Back, Making Changes ~ 9/21/2014

I dreamed I had taken a summer internship somewhere, and was living in a furnished apartment that was completely bland and beige. I took vacation to visit friends in Seattle.  While I was there, we went to a bunch of parades. I learned about an engineering program that gave classes on a streetcar as it wended its way through the city. I decided to go back to school and get my Masters in electrical engineering from this program.  I started worrying about how to move my couch from New Orleans.  Then, during one of the parades, I was handed a two year old boy with blond hair and green eyes.  He was now my responsibility to care for and raise, and he immediately put his arms around my neck, with tears in his eyes, and said his tummy hurt.

So we sat and watched the parade, with clowns and floats and balloons, but it was very strange because the parades were all at night, you watched them all with your assigned group, and all the colors were very drab.  I rubbed my little boy's tummy for him and asked him questions about what he had eaten and how much it hurt, trying to decide if he needed to go to the doctor, or just needed to eat something that wasn't cotton candy. And I pondered the school books I'd have to buy and how much rent I could afford to get the bigger place we'd now need. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment