Friday, August 21, 2015

Career Path Inspiration ~ 8/20/2015

I dreamed I was staying at the Hotel Monteleone. It had a shopping arcade on the ground floor. Two people in the last week had bought lottery tickets there, and won the jackpots, so I thought about buying a ticket on my way to work.

I worked as a script writer for an Asguard vs Olympus reality show.  The gods really came down and did battle, though sometimes battle was answering trivia questions or playing chess. The ratings fell, though, after we selected a new show host through a fan contest. She wasn't very popular, and the show was going to be cancelled soon.

I was chatting with her boyfriend and found out his name was John Strait Garrison. His parents gave him his middle name in honor of George Strait. We got to talking about country music, and I decided to go home.

I got back to the country just in time to help my brother pick out a new horse. There were a bunch of wild horses nearby, and he caught a black and white colt to break and train. We were riding the bus home, and a white-bearded old man who was the local community leader offered to do a blessing ceremony. He asked me to sing the top line, so as everyone else chanted in a drone, I sang four descending notes over and over. The old man lit the incense and sang the words while the colt chewed on a bulb of garlic that was hung like a pendant around my neck.

When we got home, men in suits were there and told us we had to release the colt. I took her out on the front porch and she turned into a grasshopper.  But somehow we always knew which grasshopper was her, and she stayed in our yard for always. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment