Saturday, August 29, 2015

Saving the World with Advice from a Fortune Cookie ~ 8/29/2015

I dreamed the world was in danger and I was all alone. I wished the hero from my favorite childrens' book could come and help me, but I knew Alastar Adams wasn't real.  Still, I had an old DVD of the movie based on his books, and in the movie there was a phone number I could call...

In a last ditch act of desperation, I called the number, and Alastar answered! He agreed to come help, and, with hope renewed, I gathered a few friends. Alastar came, and I explained the situation, but he kept being distracted by my really pretty friend. Eventually, though, we all knew the plan. Alastar discovered how to activate the hidden elevator in the highest, narrowest tower of Hogwarts, where we would find the evil we needed to battle.

He wanted my friend to stay behind, because he'd fallen in love with her and wanted to protect her, but she insisted on coming. We all waited in the elevator lobby, waiting for the right car to come, but nothing we could do seemed to be working to summon it. Then I turned around, and tucked away back in a corner behind us, a small door had opened to take us up to the secret tower.

Gandalf still hadn't shown up, but we couldn't wait for him. We got in the elevator and headed up to the dark mystery that awaited us. We stepped out of the elevator into a circular room, cluttered with toys and stage scenery and props, but no sign of the evil wizard we had to defeat. Suddenly, a toasty golden fortune cookie appeared, floating before me, bearing Gandalf's mark.

I took the cookie and broke it open, and there was a fortune for each of us, giving us advice on how we could defeat the evil wizard. I passed the fortunes around, and just then, our enemy appeared. We began to throw curses and props at him, as we hid behind the scenery, and we finally had him backed into a corner, but couldn't figure out what to do to finish him off. My friend looked at her fortune, which just had pictures of balls and a monkey head on it. She stooped down to pick up some of the toys at our feet, and Alastar realized that the wizard had been guarding a prison lock, so my friend threw the balls at the control panel and managed to get the door open.

Out came Gandalf, who had been trapped there, and he sent us away so he could duel the evil one with us safely out of the way.  Since it was the evening of the college spring formal, and we all needed to get ready, we walked out onto Canal Street, and headed to our dorms up Royal and Chartres. My friend and Alastar were, of course, going together. There was another guy who had helped us out a lot, so I felt like I should be nice to him, but he was really a foul-mouthed jerk, so I was really glad that, in spite of how much he'd been hitting on my, he already had a date.

There was a good friend I'd have really liked to go with, because I had a secret crush on him, but he had a girlfriend. In fact, just the other day, he'd shown me a pair of earrings he'd bought because he said they'd go great with her dress. I'd told him they were beautiful, which was true, but I had to swallow back all my sadness, because I had a dress they'd go great with. When I got back to my dorm room, though, I found the earrings wrapped in a little package on my desk.

It turned out that the jerk guy was now going out with his former girlfriend, and had been for a while. The earrings were for me, to go with my dress, and there was a necklace, too. So I got ready and went out to find him. The door monitor in the dorm lobby gave me a note that said, "Cheese and Broth." So I figured we were meeting at The Melting Pot, on Canal and Bourbon, which I'd walked past on my way back to my dorm room. I hadn't seen him, but I went to look anyway.

It turned out he wasn't able to get a reservation there, but he was waiting next door, so I sat down to have dinner, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment