Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Dark Prognostication ~ 8/4/2015

I dreamed I gave up everything to become a writer. I quit my job, I move away from home, and spent a year working on my second novel and trying to sell my first.  No one bought either, and I finally moved back in with my mother. Only my mother had moved into an addition on my high school boyfriend's family home. So that was SUPER weird. I avoided being at home as much as possible, and started hanging out in the high school band hall.

In my dream it was my high school band, instead of my college band, that scattered to formation and welcomed alumni. But there were no older students in the trumpet section. Only freshmen and old farts. So one girl said it was too stressful, because you had to stand really rigidly still and at attention, and I couldn't figure out what she was talking about at all.

I tried to play in one rehearsal, and I did all right from memory on the standards, but I couldn't read the music, so I bombed on everything that was new since my time. After rehearsal I tried to go look at the rest of the school and see if any of my old teachers were around, but security wouldn't let me in. Then I realized how weird and pathetic I was, wandering around my old high school with nothing to show for my life. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment