Thursday, August 6, 2015

Sea Lions in Bryan Bayous ~ 8/6/2015

I dreamed I was visiting my godparents at their house in Bryan with all my family (Daddy and Pat were still alive). The home next door to theirs was gone, and they had bought the land. They had workers there putting in a baseball field, but they had the outfield beside the house, instead of the diamond, and I was worried that they'd end up with a lot of broken windows.

It was raining, and Mom and I went for a drive, but we were a bit confused, because the T intersection right past their home had been turned into a roundabout, and there were a bunch of signs saying STOP in 300 ft or 200 ft or 100 ft, so it looked like there were stop signs every hundred feet, but their weren't really.

The concrete-lined drainage creeks were completely full from the recent rains, and the water was so clear you could see all the way to the bottom, a hundred yards down, and watch the sea lions gathering. There was a huge colony of sea lions. The babies stayed near the banks, and looked like puppies with longer bodies and flippers. I met a young man who's job was to observe the herd and care for any abandoned young. I sat and talked with him for a while, and he introduced me to two of the pups, who were super adorable and cuddly.

I was sitting on the edge of one of the bridges watching the sea lions when my mom came to tell me some bridges were washing out nearby, and I should be careful. So I set off walking on the more solid roads, and ran into a friend. We decided that, since he had a blond beard and long hair, he should spike up his hair and paint it green next Halloween, and go as a pineapple head. He tried to show me a swing dance move while we were walking, but we couldn't get into step right to make it work.

Throughout all of this, I kept having trouble with my sinuses, and the left half of my head kept filling up with gunk that I would periodically stop and blow out, using dozens of tissues. Eventually, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment