Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hotel Stay ~ 10/18/2014

I dreamed I was a world class ballerina gymnast. I was in New Orleans for a huge competition. I was the only girl there who wasn't part of a big, famous school. It was just me and my coach/manager/body guard. I finished my performance and won first place, and my coach brought me news that someone who was stalking me was in town and threatened to kill me. Coach got me a suite on one of the highest floors of a big, fancy hotel on Canal Street.

Every time I went out, I felt like someone was following me, and I'd rush to lock myself in the room. Then one day when I was out, a woman sort of fell down in front of me. She had what looked like a Kennedy half dollar buried between two of her cervical vertebrae. There it was, a half circle of silver metal sticking out of her neck, surrounded by a thin line of blood. It seemed like someone must have fired it at her with some weird sort of disk gun.

The woman was tall and thin, with short blond hair. She reminded me of Missy Crider, a television actor I've seen in a few shows. She got up and started feeling at her neck, but I insisted she leave the coin in and let a doctor extract it. I helped her to my hotel while dialing 911, and, when I got her there, shouted for the front desk to take whatever other emergency action they needed to.

Half an hour later, help still hadn't arrived. I found out that the front desk had never done anything, and my coach had remanded my 911 call. I was livid. I was yelling at everyone that this woman needed help. My coach tried to take me away to a side room, but then the woman's injury just sort of fell away from her neck. It was stage make up. She was actually an actress my coach had hired to somehow distract me, so he could get me into a room where my stalker was waiting.

I bolted up to my own suite, got there just ahead of my murderous stalker, and locked everyone out.  I fired my coach through the door, called the police on everyone, and went to bed. I stayed holed up in my room for another day, eating cookies and reading novels.  Somewhere along the way, I changed from being an athlete back to being a technical writer working for Shell.

On my way back from work the next evening, I realized I was supposed to have checked out of the hotel that morning, but had forgotten. I checked with the front desk. I had to wait in line, and the marble and gilt wood front desk was too tall for me to see the clerk. I climbed up the front to talk to the guy, and he said it was okay, they'd just charge me for the extra night. I decided since I was paying for it, I may as well spend one more night there. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment