Thursday, October 16, 2014

TBTT#7 Perfect for Halloween ~ 3/19/2012

This one requires a bit of background.  My journal entry for March 19, 2012, recounts my night spent at the Myrtles Plantation, often described as the most haunted plantations in the country. I was there with several friends for my friend Jayna's bachelorette weekend. We stayed in a little cottage on the grounds. One of the most famous apparitions is of Chloe, a slave woman who worked in the house and allegedly poisoned the family's children with a birthday cake.

I dreamed all night that I was lying awake in bed, afraid that the haunts were coming.  At one point in my dream, a small, ghostly white puppy came over and wanted to play, and I reached to touch it.  It felt so real, and when I looked over at Nathalie, she said she could see it, too, but I knew it must be a ghost puppy, because it was playing tug'o'rope while hovering a foot off the ground.  Then I dreamed that I was lying stock still under the covers, knowing Chloe was in the room, but if I stayed still, she'd let me alone.  In all of these dreams, the details of the room itself and my sleeping arrangement, on my back or on my side, and Nathalie on the other bed, to the left of mine, were exactly true to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment