Friday, October 3, 2014

Wealth, Weddings, and Jumping out of Airplanes ~ 10/3/2014

I dreamed I was super rich and lived in an enormous house with a butler and a sort of cook/personal assistant. The butler lived in a two bedroom suite with a huge, luxurious bathroom. My PA and I had selected smaller but just as luxurious suites. Everything was done in white and cream and gray and black with pewter fixtures.

We had just moved in, so I went down to check out the kitchen. There was a huge pantry stocked with a dozen types of cereal, two or three boxes of each. Just then, with a loud, bell tower-like knell, the doorbell rang. I paused to examine the sounder, mounted high on the kitchen wall. It was a convex disk of bronze, about a foot across, with a deep green and black patina of age, carved with a bull in the center, and raised Greek characters around the edges.

I went up to the entrance hall, then, to greet my guests. Two of my friends had come to be married from my huge house and grounds. I was in the wedding party. The wedding was the next day. My jobs were to polish the gold and silver cutlery and hang up these clear plastic file trays near the doors and fill them with programs.

I got to work on the silver. I had this polish full of gold flecks that would adhere only to gold, but would abrade and polish silver, so this was perfect, since the cutlery had gold accents on it. This would brighten those up, too.  Then I found a bunch of religious statuettes in soft colors, with gold trim, so I ran the polish along the gold, and they brightened up, too.  But after I finished that, it had taken all night, and I still hadn't hung the program holders, and the guests were going to be coming soon, so we decided to just stack the programs on a table near the door.

Then the wedding party all went to get dressed.  The bride was wearing a very pale pink with white lace, and the bridesmaids were wearing black dresses with bright pink and purple accents, in a 1970s retro style, up around the neck line. I, for some reason, was supposed to wear white, but my shoes were black and shiny, and decorated with foot-long strings of blindingly bright pink feathery puffballs. Every color and detail meant something, but I kinda didn't get it.

But then there was an emergency. One of the musicians was stuck across town. So I pulled some of my super-wealthy strings, and went over in a small plane to get him.  But on the way back, he fell out of the open door, and wasn't wearing his safety vest with parachute.  I had mine on, so I dove out of the door after him, grabbed hold of him, and pulled my chute.  I knew we'd be to heavy for it, but it would hopefully still slow and control our fall.  I angled us out away from town, and we landed in the ocean, not too far out.

We swam back into town, got back to my house, put on dry clothes, and the wedding went off without another hitch.  We were all curling up to go to sleep that night, camped out in the big ball room like a church lock-in, but instead of falling asleep, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment