Monday, June 8, 2015

Murderers in Hotels from Another Dimension ~ 6/8/2015

I dreamed that I was wheeling my bike down a stairwell, preparing to ride it home from Castroville, Texas, when I overheard a plot to kill the A&M University president, and frame a guy they'd brought from the past with his wife. The real perpetrators were on the board of directors. So I told the cops, and they said they'd watch the people in question, and put me in charge of protecting the potential patsy.

So I got on my motorcycle and found the people from the pioneer days. I explained briefly what my concerns were, and said that I had promised to keep the man safe. His wife begged me to take him out of the way until the whole thing was solved. So he got onto the back of my motorcycle, and I drove us into an alternate dimension.

You'd think this would have kept us safe, but unfortunately, the exact same thing was happening in THAT dimension, only all the major players were dressed as Greek gods, and we were all confined in a sprawling hotel. My charge got tired of it all really quick, and insisted he needed to be with his wife. He took my motorcycle when I wasn't looking and disappeared.

My mom and sister and my sister's boyfriend showed up at the hotel, and we all went in to watch a presentation of some sort. When we got out, we were supposed to fill out a questionnaire. There were two lists of activities, and we were supposed to choose our favorite "Axiotic" and "Lantithic" pastimes. I couldn't for the life of me remember what axiotic and lantithic meant, and everyone kept trying to explain, but they used a lot more words I didn't understand.

So I refused to fill out the questionnaire, and asked if we'd booked a room for the night, because I really needed to just get some rest. Most of the people were going home, so there was plenty of space available, so Mom said we'd go ahead and stay. The hotel people showed us up to an enormous suite.

I had a little loft room of my own, which arched windows looking out over the sea.there was no bed, but the belhop said they were bringing up a mattress to make up, so I sat on the hard floor and watched the water go gray as the sun set behind rain clouds. The walls were white with the black and red and blue grid designs of a Mondrian painting, and it must have been a room intended for little athletes, because I saw that when the bed was in place, I'd be able to shoot basketballs at a little hoop while I was lying down.

I was all set to spend a quiet night here when we learned that Heather Taffet, the serial killer from Bones, was after me. The hotel people started moving me from one location to another to try to keep me safe. Finally they took me up to a room at the very top of a tower so tall that it swayed from side to side in the winds of the storm that was not all around us. The windows on all sides of the room showed the dark gray clouds rolling around, and were splattered with loud surges of rain, lit every few seconds by lightning.

I tried to close my eyes and ignore the back and forth rocking of the room and the raging storm, but then I realized that Taffet's plan was to fly an airplane right into this tower, and that someone must have been in league with her and put me here on purpose.  I could see the airplane barreling out of the clouds, and I tore out of the room and down the stairs as fast as I could, with the roar of the impact just behind me.

The lower floors were in a panic. I found my family and we were all ready to leave when they guy who took my motorcycle showed back up. We decided to split up, and I got on the back of the bike behind him and we took off. He took me to a huge ballroom filled with masked figures in fancy dress, and we were just in time to tip the authorities off that the university president was about to be attacked by the chairman of the board of directors. The authorities saw the attack and were able to stop it, exonerating the man from the past, whom I delivered to his wife, safe and sound, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment